International Student Admissions Coordinator
The International Student Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the processing of new student applications, payments and the review of submitted documents. This position is also responsible for assisting with the current student population’s needs, invoicing, weekly and monthly reporting, general office administration, placement testing, answering phone calls and emails, and assisting program coordinators and school management.
Educational Requirement: B.A. / B.S. degree required.
- At least two years of professional experience in admissions, office management or related areas
- Excellent customer service, computer, and typing skills are essential
- Ability to communicate accurately & positively with prospective students
- Strong multi-tasking and attention to details skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow processes, work effectively & maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to use and learn appropriate technology
- Mature, self-driven, results oriented, able to critically assess own performance
- Honest, reliable and punctual
- Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Intuit
This is full-time, salaried position with benefits. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Martina Skoglund. No phone calls please.
The International Language Institute is looking for experienced teaching professionals on a regular basis:
- ESL instructors who can work mornings, evenings, or Saturdays (Washington, DC & Gaithersburg, MD location)
- Foreign Language instructors who can teach group classes in the evenings and/or Saturdays, as well as private students on a flexible basis (only Washington, DC location)
We look for applicants who have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, teaching experience and enjoy working in an international environment. To apply please fax your resume to (202) 686-5603 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (DC location) or email@example.com (MD location). No phone calls please.
We offer administrative internships in our Student Admissions Office to undergraduate and graduate students from the U.S. or abroad who wish to gain work experience in our international and diverse work environment. Our interns enjoy meeting people from all of over the world while they improve their administrative skills, learn about student enrollment procedures and visa regulations. The internships are for a minimum of three months and are unpaid. Housing assistance and transit benefits can be provided if needed. Next opening: September 1, 2017. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Martina Skoglund. No phone calls please.
Read more about our internships. We do not offer teaching internships/volunteering.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The International Language Institute is a division of Transemantics, Inc. Transemantics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gender, race, national origin, religion, family status, sexual orientation, and physical handicap are not factors in hiring or promotion decisions. Company premises are handicapped accessible.