Customized classes at affordable rates, starting at $30 per hour for semi-private instruction
ILI’s foreign language private tutorials are tailored to suit the student’s specific needs and goals. We offer beginning, intermediate, and advanced instruction levels in each language. However, our native-speaking instructors do not follow a fixed curriculum for each class. Every class is different because every student is different. Our instructors focus on the student’s primary objectives in learning the language. Whether the student’s aim is to learn survival Spanish before taking a vacation to Buenos Aires, or to learn the proper vocabulary to write a business proposal in Japanese, we can design the course to meet the student’s professional, social, or educational needs. We are proud to have access to native-speaking instructors for these languages:
Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Mandarin, Mongolian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Turkoman, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, and Wu.
$50 per hour for 1 student, minimum of 2 hours per session
$48 per hour for pre-payment of 40 hours for 1 student
$30 per hour per student for 2 students, minimum of 2 hours per session
$75 per hour for 3 students or more
Our courses may be taken as a private tutorial, semi-private tutorial (2 students), or special group course (3-9 students). Because of our approach, students in our semi-private tutorial or special group course must have the same objectives in mind and register together (ILI does not find a matching student for semi–private tutorials). For example, a group would consist of employees of the same company, embassy, or professional organization at the same level and with the same learning objectives.
Effective August 1, 2019, a minimum prepayment of 8 hours is required before ILI will schedule a new tutorial or special group course.
While most instruction takes place at our institute on Rhode Island Ave NW, it is recognized that circumstances may not permit some students within the Washington, DC area to attend classes at our facilities. Therefore, instruction may be given at the office or home of the student(s). There is a surcharge of $10 per session for instruction within the Beltway and $16 for trips beyond the Beltway.
Classes are normally scheduled Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Other schedules may be arranged upon request. Please indicate your desired schedule of instruction on the application form. The schedule of instruction may be changed only with the prior agreement of the Foreign Language Coordinator. Class sessions normally consist of two or more instructional hours of 50 minutes each.
Cancellations & Make-up Classes
- If a class is cancelled by ILI, a full refund will be given. Group courses at ILI are non-refundable after the registration deadline.
- Private, semi-private and special group classes cancelled by the student(s) (including “no-shows”) may be made up only if notice is given by the student(s) to ILI either by phone (202) 686-5610 ext. 105 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled class(es) or by 9 am Friday for any classes scheduled on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. If student fails to cancel on time, full tuition must be paid for the missed class(es).
- Semi-private classes must be cancelled by all students enrolled in class. Cancellation by just one student in a semi-private class is not accepted and does not release that student from paying for the missed class.
- Missed group classes may only be made up if the same level is being offered on another day and the class is not at full capacity.
- Once received by the student(s), books and other materials are the property of the student(s). Once distributed, ILI/Transemantics, Inc. does not accept returns and makes no refund for such materials.
- Refunds will be issued within 30 days of receipt of notification from the student. The regular hourly rate will be applied to all attended classes for the purpose of the calculation of the refund amount.
- Unused credits and prepaid classes will be forfeited six months after last attendance.
The International Language Institute reserves the right to assign substitute instructors whenever necessary.
For more information or a detailed proposal, please contact our Foreign Language Coordinator, Jane Edwards, at (202) 686-5610 ext. 105 or at email@example.com.
To apply for any of our foreign language group classes, private tutorials or corporate group classes, simply complete our online registration form. Our online payment processor, Authorize.Net, ensures your payment information is encrypted and secure. Once your registration has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation from us.